Do you like SoundTouch? Then please support SoundTouch
development and maintaining by a donation!
Unrestricted Royalty-free license also available for commercial purposes,
contact us for more information!
Are you looking for professional audio application developer(s) to help in your project?
Please look here!
SoundTouch Audio Processing Library
The latest stable release is 2.1.1 released on 15-November-2018. See
README for release details and what's new in
About the SoundTouch library
The SoundTouch Library Copyright © Olli Parviainen 2001-2018
SoundTouch is an open-source
audio processing library for changing the Tempo, Pitch and
Playback Rates of audio streams or audio files. The library additionally
supports estimating stable beats-per-minute rates for audio tracks.
- Tempo (time stretch):
Changes the sound to play at faster or slower tempo than originally
without affecting the sound pitch.
- Pitch (key) : Changes the sound pitch or
key while keeping the original tempo (speed).
- Playback Rate : Changes both
tempo and pitch together as if a vinyl disc was played at different RPM
The SoundTouch library is intended for
application developers writing sound processing tools that
require tempo/pitch control functionality, or just for playing
around with the sound effects.
The SoundTouch library source kit includes also an example
processing .wav audio files from command-line interface.
codes in gitlab or download the compiled executables.
SoundTouch library Features
- Open-source implementation
- Supports any processor and OS platform
with GNU C compiler (gcc) or Visual C++: Windows,
Mac OS, Linux & other *nixes, Raspberry Pi,
Android, Apple iOS...
- Support 16bit integer and 32bit floating point mono/stereo/multi-channel
- Real-time audio processing possible:
- input/output stream latency max. ~ 100 ms
- Real-tome processing of CD quality stereo sound possible with a 133 Mhz Intel Pentium processor or better ;-)
- Easy programming interface via a single C++ class
- C++, C# and Java example applications
- API interface modules for calling SoundTouch library routines from C#, Pascal/Delphi and Java
- C++ implementation with MMX & SSE instruction set optimizations for x86 processors and
OpenMP optimization for generic multi-core CPUs.
- Licensed under the GNU
General Public License (LGPL) v2.1. Commercial Non-LGPL license
alternative available upon request.
SoundTouch WWW page: https://www.surina.net/soundtouch